Importing data from CSC's Puhti server to Chipster using Allas
The easiest way to move a file from Puhti to Chipster is to first upload the data as a publicly available object in Allas and then download it from Allas to Chipster.
Please follow the steps below and you can also watch a tutorial video.
Please note that this approach is recommended only for non-sensitive data that can be put temporarily on the internet.
- Log in to Puhti and move to the directory where your data file is.
- Open the connection to Allas with commands module load allas and allas-conf.
- Upload your file to the public storage area (bucket) of Allas. This can be done with commands a-publish your-file or a-flip your-file.
The file uploaded with a-flip will be removed after a few days (if you run the a-flip command again), while the file uploaded with a-publish will be stored permanently in Allas.
- By default a file is uploaded to a standard location in Allas that is named using the project and user names.
In case of a-publish you can use the option -b to define your own Allas location.
This allows you to use a hard-to-guess random Allas locations and download links for your data in order to increase the security. For example a-publish your-file -b ds0ew0rii04k4gjkuerw8f
- Copy the URL provided by a-flip or a-publish command.
- Open Chipster and go to your session.
- Click on Add file and select the option Download from URL. Paste the URL you copied from the a-flip or a-publish output to the URL field and click Download.